Do you want to disable off Xbox Game Bar on your Windows 11 PC but need help figuring out how? This post explains how to disable this function in Windows 11. This post will teach you three ways to disable Xbox Game Bar on your Windows 11 PC. The first way is to disable the function using the Windows Settings app.
Meanwhile, the second way involves deactivating the functionality using Registry Editor. The third way is to disable the functionality using the Local Group Policy Editor. This tutorial also includes a section that addresses some of the most frequently asked questions regarding this subject.
The Windows Settings tool is the simplest way to disable Xbox Game Bar on your Windows 11 machine. The steps below, with screenshots, demonstrate how to do so.
- In Windows 11, open the Windows Settings program by right-clicking the Start menu button on the taskbar and choosing Settings.
You can use the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut to enter the Settings app in Windows 11.
- Select Gaming on the window’s left pane after launching the Windows Settings app.
- Then, on the right pane of the Settings window, choose Xbox Game Bar.
- Then, disable the Open Xbox Game Bar using this button on a controller toggle.
- After that, pick Apps from the options in the Settings window’s left pane.
- Then, in the window’s right pane, click Apps & features.
- Then, in the App list search box, type “Xbox game bar.”
- Then, from the search result, select Advanced choices by clicking the three vertical lines beside the Xbox Game Bar app.
- After that, under the Background applications permissions category, change the Let this app run in background drop-down to Never.
- Finally, scroll to the bottom and press the Terminate button.
Using the Registry Editor, disable Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11.
Did you know that using the Registry Editor can disable Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11? The techniques and screenshot photos that follow illustrate how to do so.
- To enter the Run dialogue, simultaneously press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- Then, in the Run input area, type “Regedit” and hit the enter key. As a result, a User Account Control window should appear on your PC’s screen asking for permission to enable the application to modify your machine; click Yes to proceed.
- When the Registry Editor software finally starts on your PC, use the left pane to go to the location below. You may input the path by copying and pasting it into the Registry Editor search box.
Computer\HKEY CURRENT USER\System\GameConfigStore
4. Then, double-click the GameDVR Enabled registry on the right pane to modify it. As a result, in the resulting dialogue box, type “0” in the Value data field and hit the enter key – see the second picture.
5. After that, copy and paste the path below into the Registry Editor search box, then hit enter.
HKEY CURRENT USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR
6. Then, double-click the AppCaptureEnabled registry on the right pane to modify it. Set the Value data to “0” and click the enter key on your keyboard in the dialogue box that displays.
7. Finally, restart your Windows 11 computer to apply the modifications.
Using the Local Group Policy Editor, disable Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11.
You may also use the Local Group Policy Editor to disable Xbox Game Bar on your Windows 11 PC. However, you should be aware that the Home edition of Windows 11 does not have the Local Group Policy Editor.
As a result, you can only use this procedure if you have Windows 11 Professional or above. So, using the Local Group Policy Editor, follow the steps below to disable Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11. On the taskbar, click the Search button, then search “edit group policy” and choose Edit group policy under Best match.
When the Local Group Policy Editor window opens, use the folders in the left pane to browse to the location shown below.
Then, double-click Enables or Disables Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting in the right pane.
- Administrative Templates for Windows Components for Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting
- Then, from the popup that displays, select Disabled. Then, Tap the OK button at the bottom of the window to save the modification.
- Finally, restart your Windows 11 machine after closing the Local Group Policy Editor.
Questions and Answers About Disable Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11
1. What Exactly Is the Xbox Game Bar?
The Xbox Game Bar is a feature included with the Windows operating system. While playing computer games, users may take pictures and record movies.
2. What is the keyboard shortcut for opening the Xbox Game Bar when Gaming?
While playing a PC game, the keyboard shortcut to enter Xbox Game Bar is the Windows key + G. 3. Is FIFA 22 supported by Xbox Game Bar? The Xbox Game Bar is compatible with most PC games, including FIFA 22.
Is there an Xbox Game Bar in Windows 11?
Yes, the Xbox Game Bar has included with the Windows 11 operating system.
Who owns the Xbox?
Microsoft owns the Xbox video game brand.
My Last Thoughts on Disabling Xbox Game Bar in Windows 11
The Xbox Game Bar is a tool designed exclusively for PC players to capture screenshots and videos while Gaming. This functionality is also included with the Windows operating system. Non-gaming Windows users or Windows users with low-end PCs, on the other hand, do not require Xbox Game Bar because it consumes resources. Fortunately, this post offered several options for turning off Xbox Game Bar in Windows 11.
We learned how to disable the function, explicitly using Windows Settings and Registry Editor. Not only that, but this instruction also showed us how to disable the function using the Local Group Policy Editor.